Assign a rep directly to an Account so that any commission items imported under that account will be attributed to said rep. Users can assign a rep to an account once an order closes and not worry about it or have less work come commission month end. Reps can also be assigned on commission import, being prompted by RPM warnings.
NOTE: At least one closed run of commission items needs to be processed under the account/customer in order for the agent user to have access to the account page/customer. An assigned rep does not give the agent permission to view the account/commission page automatically until they receive commissions under it.
Top Left Menu >> Accounts >> Click on an account you want to assign a rep to
To assign a rep to an account, click on the pencil.
To clear the assigned rep, click on the "X".
Assignment By Import
Top Left Menu >> Accounts >> More >> Import
Download the Import Accounts Excel template. Fill out the template, save, then import the file.
Assignment After Commission Import
After a commission import, unassigned accounts will appear as an unassigned rep warning.
Keep in mind that assignment codes that are assigned take precedence over account assignments. Meaning that if there are commission items under an assignment code, the items will be attributed to the rep that the assignment code is assigned to regardless of assigned rep or default rep customer assignment.
Account assignment priority is as follows:
Assignment Code > Account Assignment > Customer Assignments
Once you click on the warning you will be brought to the rep assignment assistant page that allows users to assign one or many accounts to a rep.
First select the account (1.) you want to assign, then select a rep (2.) to assign it to.
Assignment exceptions can be added to the account to handle certain situations where dividing up commission items under the same account is necessary. Working with the assigned rep, assignment exceptions are used to assign some commission items under an account to another rep based on a certain condition. For example, if you had an account assigned to a main rep but wanted any SPIFF products to go to the house account.
Top Left Menu >> Accounts >> Click on an account you want to create exceptions for
- Agency - The agency you want the commission items to go to if this exception's conditions are met.
- Rep - The rep under the agency.
- Exception - The type of exception you want to set for this account. Options are as follows.
- Product - The product's under the supplier of the account. This will list out all the products that the supplier/master agent has given you, the product list is generated from your commission imports most commonly.
- Bypass Code - Select an existing bypass code. For more information on Bypass Codes click here.
- Net Billed - Based on the net billed of each individual item in the account, so the amount billed to the customer. Greater than, less than, and range options.
- Gross Comm. - Based on the gross commission of each individual item in the account, so the amount you're receiving before paying sales commission. Greater than, less than, and range options.
- Wholesale - Is a default commission variable money field that can be used to represent a wholesale deal, if you choose to use this value during your import matrix setup you can use it as an assignment exception here.
- Contract Value - Is a default commission variable money field that can be used to represent the whole contract value instead of the MRC. If you choose to use this value during your import matrix setup you can use it as an assignment exception here.
- Product - A product value option. Since product values are determined by the supplier there may be a lot of different product options.
- Note for staff - Notes that only staff users can see.
To help identify assigned reps across all your accounts add the assigned rep, assigned agency, and assignment exceptions as columns to a view.
Under the commissions section of columns:
- Assigned rep - Displays the assigned rep on the account
- Assigned agency - Displays the assigned agency on the account
- ID of assigned rep - Displays the underlying ID of the assigned rep on the account (this ID is autogenerated by RPM)
- ID of assigned agency - Displays the underlying ID of the assigned agency on the account (this ID is autogenerated by RPM)
- Assigned - Date the assigned rep was assigned to the account
- Assignment exceptions - Number of assignment exceptions on the account
- Assignment set - Date the assigned rep or exception was modified
For more granular reports, use the following filters under the commission section:
- No assigned rep - Filter on any accounts without an assigned rep
- Assignment exceptions - Filter on accounts with a number of assignment exceptions (this is a number filter so you can filter on the total number of exceptions)
- Assignment set - Filter on the date a rep assignment was set on the accounts
There is also an account assignment exceptions view that will display all exceptions for all accounts.