Sale partners/Agents can be given access to login to RPM Subscriptions that they do not directly own through an enabled agency user login. Each Agent user is either a Manager, Rep, or both and is part of an Agency. Agency security mainly encompasses both the commission security and process security.
Agent users natively will have all of their commission items/totals limited to just items/totals from their agency, with reps being limited further by only being able to view commission items assigned just to them. Agent users cannot be given access to all of the commissions items of the subscription. However they can be allowed to see more than just their agency's commissions with the Agency Group feature.
Agency Users enabled to login will be able to see their commission for closed commission runs only. They will be able to see all the basic commission information (Account Number, Customer Name, Supplier, Net billed, Sales Comm., Product) for the accounts/customers that they are assigned.
Note: Agency users will need to be be a Manager User in order to see Adjustments and Referrals assigned to their Agency.
Rep Access determines which accounts/customers a Rep can see. Access is automatically granted when a Rep is assigned commission items for the account. Additional Reps can be manually added to view the account.
Transfer to rep will also transfer the account access to the new Rep and remove access for the old Rep. Note: remember to calculate from the Latest Runs page to update these changes.
Commission Variables allow for extra information to be shown to your Agency users. These extra variables that you add to your imports can be changed to allow your Reps users to see on their commission reports.
Note: Reps do not have access to Views in RPM. For them to see additional information from non-hidden variables, they will need to download the All Data report.
From the Top Menu >> Commissions >> Select Commission Variables.
For example information such as BTN, Install Date, or Order ID can be changed to allow the passing of information to the Reps to see. Clicking the Pencil icon and then changing the Security option to Not hidden will show this information when your Reps download their commission data.
Agency specific security settings are turned on by default and can be change based on your use case.
Top Menu >> Setup >> Agency Settings
Customer Contacts: The customer page stores primary contact information. This setting will change the permissions for all agent user allowing either hidden, read, or edit access.
Add Files: Allows agents to upload file attachments.
Start Forms: Allows agents the ability to start new forms.
Download Excel files: Allows agents to download their Views into an Excel file.
Incoming referrals: Determines what the manager user sees when they look at commission items for referrals
- All columns, Item details, Sales comm.: User will be able to see the sales comm. and item details when they download all data into a spreadsheet as well as all other referral information.
- Referral, Sales rep, Supplier, Account, Product: User will be able to see all information except for Sales comm. and item details when they download all data.
- Referral, Supplier, Account: User will only be able to see the amount they receive, the Supplier, and the Account Number.
- Referral, Supplier: User will only be able to see the amount they receive and the Supplier they received it from.
Customers: Allows agents to access information on the Customer page.
Sales commission: Hides or shows commission data for the agent.
Agency Specific Settings
Top Menu >> Agencies
Changing these permissions can be done for pre-existing agencies under their Permissions settings under their Agency page. The changes here only affects the specific agency and it's agent users.
Agent Users can be granted access to specific Processes you have setup giving them write or read access to processes in the subscription.
Top Menu >> Setup >> Select a Process >> Select Security
There will be a section to edit settings for Agency Users.
Access: determines which forms the user will see when they go into a Process as well as whether or not you want them to start/edit a form.
- Hide All: The Process will be hidden from the Agency User and they will not be able to Start or Edit any forms.
- Read All: All forms will be 'read only' for Agency Users, but they will be unable to Start or Edit.
- Edit as participant, hide if not: Agency users will need to be added as a participant on the form by a Staff user or through the Auto add option for them to see or edit the information. All other forms are hidden.
- Edit as participant, read it not: Agency users will need to be added as a participant on the form by a Staff user or through the Auto add option for them to edit the information. All other forms will be read only.
- Start as participant, hide if not: Agency users will be able to Start and Edit their own forms. All other forms will be hidden.
- Start as participant, read if not: Agency users will be able to Start and Edit their own forms. All other forms will be 'read only'
And allow: these are additional security settings that will overlap with the Access setting.
- Change the status level: Status levels help determine which stage in the workflow a form is on (ie. New, Closed, Order started).
- Add action: Allows the user to create action reminders for themselves or other participants on the form.
- View attached emails: Allows user to see email attachments on the form.
Auto add: participants are the people involved with this form. It can also determine their viewing or editing privileges. Note: only enabled users can be added as a participant on a form.
Individual fields contain Security setting to hide specific information on a form. This can be changed for new or existing fields.
Top Menu >> Setup >> Select a Process >> Select the Fields Tab
There will be a section on the bottom of the edit screen for Security and a drop down list for Agency users.
- Hidden: Agency user will not be able to see this field.
- Read: Agency user will only be able to see the information, but will be unable to edit the information.
- Edit: Agency user will be able to see and make changes to the information.
- Required: Agency users will be required to enter information for this field when they are filling out the form. They will also have Read/Edit permission.